Red-Hat 7.3 Kernel

Mozzi linux at mostert.nom.za
Mon Feb 16 07:19:35 UTC 2004

I agree, problem is that if I install the newest module-init-tools (from
sources) that doesn't work properly either and it then screws my entire
install!
Luckily I have a box that I can test on ;-)

Mozzi

On Friday 13 February 2004 15:29, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 12:58, Mozzi wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > Would anyone mind if I ask a Red-Hat question here?
> > I cannot seem to get an answer from anywhere else. If I am out of line
> > feel free to flame me.
> >
> > I am running Red-Hat 7.3 here on a mailserver and I need support for the
> > summit chipset from IBM, the box is giving me problems. Therefore I am
> > trying to compile Kernel 2.6.2
> > I cannot get the module-init-tools to work properly on 7.3 and I get
> > errors when running depmod -a
> > "depmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented"
> >
> > The kernel looks like it compiles fine and I can boot with it. modutils
> > also compile fine.
> >
> > If anyone can just point/kick me in the correct direction I will be
> > eternally gratefull. Some rpm's would be nice too ;-)
>
> Looks like you're running the wrong tools. You need module-init-tools
> for 2.6
>
> 	Dave

Scanned by @lantic IS Virus Control Service
This message was scanned for viruses and dangerous content.
@lantic Internet Services (Pty) Ltd. - http://www.lantic.net
eScan for Windows-based PCs - http://www.escan.co.za

If you have received a message marked in the subject line
as [SPAM] please note that according to our MailScanner,
this message has all the attributes of Unsolicited
Commercial Email (UCE). If the message has however been
marked incorrectly, please send a query to abuse at lantic.net