Non-English lanquage display imperfection

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at netscape.net
Mon Feb 16 13:11:47 UTC 2004

In FC1, when I started to switch to Chinese Taiwan language, by
selecting System Setting->Language, a language pop up displaying Chinse
Hong Kong, Simplified Chinse and Chinse traditional (Taiwan) for selection;

   1. In this language selection pop up, in Chinse tradition (Taiwan),
      one of the Chinese character is much small than the rest, looked
      so shrunk.
   2. I finished making language selection, logged out, and then logged
      into X window again, seclected  Chinse characters came into place
      all over the menu instead of English.  However, all Chinese
      characters are looked just like being captured by a camera out of
      precise focus - edge not sharp, contrast is very poor (at lease to
      me), more like a color picture had been exposed under the sun for
      long time.

How can I improve this?
Also, can anyone direct me to find a source that can enable me to import
the M$ Chinse ttf fonts into FC1, I tried the FC archive but can't find one.