cd writing problems - solution found!

Youssef Makki bugzilla at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 16 21:47:27 UTC 2004

Is a blank CD even supposed to be mounted when you want to burn data to
it? My fstab reads:
/dev/cdrw	/mnt/cdrw	udf,iso9660	noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

A culprit I found which interfered with cdrecord was Magicdev; it would
mount the blank CD, and cause cdrecord to give the error:
"Error trying to open /dev/scd0 exclusively ... retrying in 1 second."

My 2 cents