Install problems

Mike Adolf madolf at dialup4less.com
Mon Feb 16 23:19:49 UTC 2004

I recently installed Fedora Core1 and have the following problems:

1. No Sound
I have Crystal Sound 64V Wavetable Integrated Sound card (CS4236B). Fedora uses driver CS46xx, which won't work. Fedora dosen't have the right drive.  If I can find a CS4236B driver, how do I install it.  I have had success in the past with Mandrake and Debian, they both had the correct dirver.

2. No modem
On the first boot, Fedora wanted to unconfigure generic serial modem. I said OK. On second boot, Fedora wanted to configure generic serial modem. I said OK.  When trying to configure dialup connection using the wizzard, searching for modem hung the wizzard window. The modem is an internal ISA controller-based (hardware) modem that has functioned well with Mandrake and Debian.
It is a Best Data modem (56SF92), advertized to work with linux.

3. No Printer
It sees the printer, but just won't print. Printer is Epson CX5200.

All help appreciated
Mike