up2date

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Tue Feb 17 00:40:35 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 15:09, Jeremy wrote:

> Here it is:

yum fedora-core-1
ftp://linux.stanford.edu/pub/mirrors/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386

> yum fedora-core-1 http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1
> yum updates-released
> http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-1
> #yum updates-testing
> http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-1

	I was fooling around yesterday and found that stanford's mirror is
non-standard. the address you list does not contain the latest releases
(I didn't look around for where they are keeping them, but the list of
files I got in up2date weren't available in that directory.   	Also you
should name it something like stanford-updates or whatever will tell you
which it is.

Scott