question on sendmail/procmail and vipul razor

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Feb 17 01:00:42 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 17.02.2004 schrieb Andrew Robert um 01:44:
> Hi Everyone,
>

> Could someone please advise on how to switch over from the default
> sendmail to procmail under Fedora CORE1?

You say procmail and mean postfix :)

> I would like to avoid some of the security problems that sendmail has
> had as well as integrate Vipuls Razor anti-spam tool to the procmail
> filters.

Hm, these bugs (lst IMHO was in October '03) are fixed. Why don't you
stay with Sendmail where you might know how to integrate SPAM fighting
tools? Sorry, I do not want to start a holy MTA war. I just can
recommend using Sendmail + MimeDefang + SpamAssassin, which would
integrate Razor and more tools as well.

> I already have Evolution 1.45 integrated with Spam Assassin but Razor
> appears to be more effective.
>

> Any insight you might have on this would be greatly appreciated.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2166.nptl
Sirendipity 01:57:01 up 2 days, 5:35, load average: 0.49, 0.34, 0.24
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]