question on sendmail/procmail and vipul razor

Aaron Matteson fedora at cryptosystem.us
Tue Feb 17 04:07:46 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz became daring and sent these 1.3K bytes,
> Am Di, den 17.02.2004 schrieb Andrew Robert um 01:44:
> > I would like to avoid some of the security problems that sendmail has
> > had as well as integrate Vipuls Razor anti-spam tool to the procmail
> > filters.
>
> Hm, these bugs (lst IMHO was in October '03) are fixed. Why don't you
> stay with Sendmail where you might know how to integrate SPAM fighting
> tools? Sorry, I do not want to start a holy MTA war. I just can
> recommend using Sendmail + MimeDefang + SpamAssassin, which would
> integrate Razor and more tools as well.

If all you are doing is using sendmail for a local MTA and nothing real
serious like a server or a heavily used enviornment of some kind i can
see wanting to switch to postfix. I would just stick to sendmail as
there doesn't seem to be any real reason to use anything else.

There really wouldn't be a security issue as its access is resricted to
localhost be default.

My 3 cents.

--
   /\o   Aaron M Matteson - http://cryptosystem.us
    /\/  GnuPG key fingerprint is in the header