How to install J2SE on Core 1?

Jacques Escape deepspin at linuxmail.org
Tue Feb 17 08:02:07 UTC 2004

> That's an interesting question. I installed the j2sdk-netbeans
> cobundle on RH9 and FC1 without any problems that I can remember. Have you tried the
> cobundle? You can get the installation instructions at:
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/install_j2se142-nb351_linux.html

> Are you trying to install on FC1? It looks like you're talking about
> RH7 in your message: "If you use RedHat Linux 7 Server" What is RedHat Linux 7 Server?
> Is this maybe an old message that you wouldn't have to worry about if
> you used the current j2se/j2sdk or the j2sdk-netbeans cobundle?

> -- TT

No I haven't tried the cobundle. I will do so immediately. ThanX for the help.

Red Hat Linux 7 "Server" is RHL 7 with a server configuration. It's not a separate 'brand'.

Yes I'm trying to install J2SE on FC1 ... I'm confused because I'm getting the exact same error that Sun is talking about for the RHL 7 server config, but I'm actually running a FC1 Server config...

Once again thank you very much for all input from the FC1 community regarding this matter.

Jacques Du Preez

Deepspin DNS / South Africa