Low ram & older system

Alexander H.M. Ruoff alexander.ruoff at ruoff-germany.de
Tue Feb 17 09:36:46 UTC 2004

Hi,

I just read the msg regarding low ram. I got introduced to Linux a
couple of months ago and used in the beginning the Knoppix CD on a
Satellite with 64 MB. It worked fine but very slow. However, I got
another 128 MB before installing Fedora and the PIII works perfectly.

Now I ask myself if Fedora would also work on my old K6-200 with 96 MB
Ram? I tested the Knoppix CD and even though it is slow and I shouldn't
"play" around with OpenOffice, KDE runs without a problem. I wonder if I
could use a naked version of Fedora with KDE or Gnome just as a "toy"
and maybe as a server to get into networking.

Thx
Alex