Powerful and Stable PC Configuration for Linux (Fedora)

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Feb 17 15:27:53 UTC 2004

AMAZING POWERS OF OBSERVATION wrote:
>   i would get a nivida video card
> On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 22:51, Igor Zhidkov wrote:
>
>>Dear Guru's.

Ditto on the Nvidia card.  I tried ATI on a new AMD 3200 and I could
not get 3D working on the ATI 9600.  Nvidia was up and running in less
than 30 minutes from store to computer using the drivers from the
Nvidia site.

I would look at AMD as the prices just took a drop.  AMD 64 prices
around here are down alot since before Xmas.

On our cluster for scientific fluid modelling with a mix of pentiums
and AMD's, the AMD,s work better than the pentiums.

--
Robin Laing