Is someone manage to install nvu?

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Feb 17 16:51:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 04:16:35PM +0000, Coume - Lubox.com wrote:
> > It appears (haven't actually tried) that the nvu tarball just gets exploded
> > on top of your Mozilla/Firefox installation.  There's a a binary in the
> > tarball called "nvu-bin" which might do something for you as well.
>
> ok does that mean I have to untar it into the Firebird folder????
> Because when I tried the nvu-bin it does absolutely nothing :(
>
> thxs
> Ludo :?

I just tried nvu 0.1 and it doen't require firebird/mozilla, but there
is a lot of mozilla-like stuff in the directory. Just create a directory
and unpack the tarball in there. Among the files you will find nvu-bin
(the actual program) and nvu (startup script).
Just calling nvu with its full path name (or creating a link to it) will
start the application. I haven't looked in detail at what the nvu script
is doing. At first glance, this is a lot like the mozilla/firebird
startup scripts.

David Jansen