Low ram - 32mb

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Feb 17 21:20:49 UTC 2004

At 13:16 2/17/2004, you wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 12:16 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> > Anaconda seems to require 64MB to run, although a text-mode system will
> > indeed function with 32MB.
>
>IIRC this is not really true. I did went to install in text mode and
>there where not enough memory problems.

I may not have been clear enough. Anaconda (the install program) seems to
require 64MB regardless of the install method you wish to use (text,
graphical, CD-ROM, network, anything). Once the installation has been
completed, however, the actual Fedora Core 1 Linux system you installed
earlier functions just fine with 32MB of RAM installed. Hence, putting 64MB
in the box to do the install, then taking it out and running forever on
32MB, is one possible solution to the problem.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com