Fedora and a Radeon Mobility 7500

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 18 01:12:59 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 10:50, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> and it actually works with apm which I find mandatory on a laptop, unlike
> the propetary ati or nvidia drivers which will not survive a suspend.

I am actually unable to get the back-light on my laptop to turn off
under FC1 when the screen blanks.  Suspend also doesn't work, I tried it
once on my Vpr Matrix and the laptop would not wake up.  It also would
not shutdown.  I held down the power button for a good three minutes,
unplugged it, though nothing worked except removing the battery and
unplugging it.  I won't be trying to suspend this laptop for a while : )

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA