lvm is needed by (installed) mkinitrd-3.5.14-1

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Feb 18 01:24:49 UTC 2004

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 18:55, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>>Jim Popovitch wrote:
>>
>>>Why does mkinitrd require that I keep lvm?
>>
>>Is your "/" filesystem on an LVM volume?
>

> Negative.  "rpm -e lvm"  just echos $Subject, which tells me that
> mkinitrd requires lvm.  Crazy, I've never seen this on any other distro.

Weird.  Ah, well, it looks like it's just a dependency from rpm.  I can
understand where someone might make an artificial dependency, but I
don't see any code that's dependent.  I think "rpm -e --nodeps lvm" can
be used safely to get rid of it.
-        "And on the seventh day, He exited from append mode."       -