applet doesn't load in mozilla/firefox

Didier Casse didierbe at sps.nus.edu.sg
Wed Feb 18 01:43:02 UTC 2004

On 17/02/04, at 12:11 -0500, Neil Cherry <ncherry at comcast.net> wrote:

> Didier Casse wrote:
> > and do a appletviewer index.html, it loads perfectly. Very nice!
> >
> > But when I load it w/ mozilla / my firefox browser, well out of luck it
> > doesn't load.. it just gives me a gray screen!
> >
> > Even if I start my apache server and try to access my applet from a remote
> > computer, it still doesn't load remotely!
> >
> > Any solution/fix? Thanks a lot.
>
> Sound like you got a security exception. When this occurs bring up
> the Java console (right click the grey box, I think) and see what it
> says.

Nothing much... only "Applet xxxx notinited"! Could it be also that
mozilla can't find the path of some plugins to load the applets?

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: slsbdfc at nus dot edu dot sg /
didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg