Network Functionality Zero

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Feb 18 04:54:45 UTC 2004

At 21:31 2/17/2004, you wrote:
>If you don;t have the original setup disks, take a look at this link, pick
>your card, go to Documentation, Quick Guide, then Pre-install. Somewhere
>at the bottom of the page you can download the floppies (I don't recall
>which one, but I think it's disk1) and then you have to extract PREINSTALL.EXE.
>
>http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/searchbyproduct.jsp?path=download&search=3c905Untitled1
>
>We quit using these cards just for this reason. When you're assembling a
>bunch of systems it became a real
>PITA and bottleneck.
>
>Bob Jones

Bob,

I have a Fedora computer with two 3Com NIC's in it. Both are recognized and
configured and the interfaces come up... but one works and the other does
not ("works" being defined as providing actual connectivity via ping, mtr,
etc.) Since the non-functional interface is the WAN side and I'm currently
out of the office, I cannot say right now whether they are 3C509 (10 Mbps)
or 3C905 (10/100 Mbps) models.

Is it possible or likely that this could be the same problem? I have of
course checked firewall rules, routing tables, etc. and everything
/APPEARS/ to be set up properly. But no joy... no joy...

TIA!

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com