Recommedations

Kathy ksalkin at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 18 11:49:07 UTC 2004

I'm a newbie to the list, but have been using Linux since March, 2003.  I
switched over to Linux out of sheer frustration when my Windows XP
installation got hosed and I was required to call MS for reauthorisation.  I
installed Mandrake then and have recently switched to Fedora as it's a 'home
product (I live in NC).

I must say, whilst the learning curve was interesting, to say the least, I'll
not go back to Windows.  I do prefer Redhat to Mandrake, but do recommend
Mandrake for its ease of installation and setup for those new to Linux.

Another suggestion is to burn a Knoppix CD and see how it runs on your pc from
the CD-Rom drive.

Kat