lvm is needed by (installed) mkinitrd-3.5.14-1

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Wed Feb 18 14:08:31 UTC 2004

Em Qua, 2004-02-18 às 03:10, Jim Popovitch escreveu:

> AHHH, but in order to be that far down the road, you would already have
> booted your lvm root partition, thus negating the need to require lvm as
> a dependency of mkinitrd.  So, since you seem to be defending the
> practice, why again is lvm a dependency of mkinitrd?

I tried removing lvm (as I don't use it), and did a apt-get
dist-upgrade:

You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  mkinitrd: Depends: lvm but it is not installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

(Chicken != Egg) <- I like this one!
--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group