LinNeighborhood-"Can't resolve address" error on mounting shares

Paul M. Bucalo pmbuc at pmbenterprises.com
Wed Feb 18 14:28:16 UTC 2004

I have a an MDK 9.1 file server running Samba for shares. From my
Fedora boxes, I can connect to those shares through Nautilus and
XFce's xffm. I cannot connect using the latest version of
LinNeighborhood that was RPM'ed for Fedora. The Samba server has been
up for a long time and has successfully worked with all distro's used
to date.

It appears that I can get through the first level of authentication in
LinNeighborhood, when I first double-click on the Samba server name.
When I double-click on the shares and try to authenticate and mount, I
get a small dialog box that simply says: "Can't resolve address".

Has anyone found a solution to problem, or know if the venerable app
is no longer useable in Fedora?

TIA,

Paul