Fedora Runs in Text mode (2)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Feb 18 14:32:54 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 18.02.2004 schrieb MB um 15:11:
> I found this in the release notes on Fedora Core 1:
>
> "Systems that have been upgraded to Fedora Core 1 will
> not be configured to include the graphical boot
> feature. You must install the rhgb package, and add
> the rhgb boot-time parameter to your bootloader
> configuration."

This means if you upgraded from a previous Redhat release - not updating
kernel packages!

> I updated Fedora (with up2date) from
> Fedora core 1 2.4.22-1.2115
> Fedora core 1 2.4.22-1.2166
>
> and my boot line contains the rhgb parameter so I
> guess need to install the rhgb package again...

No, once the rhgb package is installed it stays installed. Updating the
kernel using up2date will copy the previously used kernel parameters in
grub.conf/lilo.conf to the new installed kernel.

> How do I do this in text mode?
>
> Tia,
> Marc

If your FC1 system is not booting in graphics mode (rhgb) then you
should see error messages during bootup. Fix those.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2166.nptl
Sirendipity 15:29:38 up 3 days, 19:08, load average: 1.47, 1.39, 1.39
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]