Fedora Core 1 and up2date

Harris, Kyle Kyle.Harris at GD-NS.Com
Wed Feb 18 15:38:12 UTC 2004

Folks,

            I have been having a problem with using the up2date feature of
Fedora Core 1. First of all it takes for ever to DL  RPM's, then when it
does it fails to install them.

            Additionally, using the up2date -register I have registered the
system with RHN, but I cannot get a subscription to any channels.  At first
I thought that possibly there are no updates, but according to RH there are.

            All of the GPG and CA certificates have been installed and now
the system registered.  I am told that the system cannot be updated because
I am not subscribed to any channels.

Thoughts?