Is someone manage to install nvu?

Charlie Brune fedora at bruneworld.com
Wed Feb 18 15:41:17 UTC 2004

I got it to work!  Here's how ...

First, I untar'ed it into a folder that I created called "vnu" (clever,
huh?!).  I then tried running it by typing "./nvu" (no quotes) from within
that folder.

No luck.  (It gave me an error message that I can't recall at the moment.)

Then I noticed on the nvu download page (www.nvu.org) that I needed to
linstall libstdc++.so.3.0.4.  I did that (per the instructions) and tried
the "./nvu" command again.

This time it worked!

It is a really nice editor and I no longer feel a need to use Frontpage to
edit my web page.

If you have trouble installing the "libstd++" thingy, send me an email and
I'll try to retrace the exact steps I took.  It wasn't bad at all.

Charlie