Recommedations

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Wed Feb 18 16:44:26 UTC 2004

Em Qua, 2004-02-18 às 13:33, Rodolfo J. Paiz escreveu:

> >How does it compare to OOo Draw, since they forked from the same thing?
> At the point in time when I made my decision, my key software factors were
> the additional languages, dictionaries, spell-checkers, etc. in StarOffice
> (given that I need to speak/write English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French)
> and the greater stability in SO6 than in OO (again, at that time). However,
> a strong and primary factor was that SO is the only decent (and decently
> strong) commercial contender against MS Office, and most corporations base
> most IT decisions around their office suite.
> I chose to pay for SO in order to support them and help increase
> competition for Microsoft. I am also attempting to convince small
> businesses with which I have a relationship to move first to SO so they
> have legal licenses for their software, and once they use SO I begin to
> introduce Linux to them as well. So partly it was a software decision, but
> also partly a political/macroeconomic one.
> I have not made any recent comparison between OO and SO, since my political
> reasons continue to be valid and I am 100% delighted with the SO product.
> No interest in switching, even to save another $80.

OOo is evolving fast, specially in terms of multilanguage and
dictionaries. As for Brazilian Portuguese, we just finished translation
of the whole help.

There's an oddity on pt-br: sun released a complete translation,
independent of the rest of community, and now we have two different
pt-br versions.

I thought you were talking about more resources on SO draw than on OOo
draw... I'm really curious about it.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group