Bulldog UPS and FC1

Javier Perez pepebuho at pananet.com
Wed Feb 18 20:11:37 UTC 2004

0-SER-LC&lang=1&mode=
http://www.belkin.com/support/compatlists/UPS.html
Now it doesn't seem to list a Linux driver for your particular UPS but
I'd have a go with the Linux one as it appears to be common for several
serial Belkin's.  Other than that (and maybe as a better choice) you
could take a look at NUT at http://www.networkupstools.org/  The driver
there for the Belkin UPS seems to work OK too with FC1.  Check out
http://quasar.mathstat.uottawa.ca/~selinger/ups/ for a system V
start/stop program for Belkin-supplied driver and details about the NUT
serial driver for the Belkin UPS's.

I just use the serial cable that came with the UPS and it works fine.
Are you using a serial port connector that is directly on the MB of your
computer or one of those ones that connect with a little cable?  I there
there are a couple of versions of the wiring for the cable type (I had
to rewire mine).

In retrospect, Belkin would not be my first choice for a UPS under
Linux.  MDG seems to have good Linux support.

Mike

Hi Mike
I lost the cable for the UPS, therefore I had to roll my own.
I am using the serial port connector that is directly on the MB of my
computer. I am going to check NUT and the other addresses.

What is the pinout of your cable?

Thanks!

Javier