Linux 'n games

Thomas j.a.d.e at gmx.net
Wed Feb 18 20:25:04 UTC 2004

hi, i really used to be a gamer, and to be honest, i wasted a lot of
time getting games for linux and get games to work with winex. My
personal experience is, that it takes a lot more time to get a game work
with linux. There is just a small number of native linux games and an
even smaller number of good native linux games that can compare to
modern games that were written for platforms like MS. In my opinion,
WineX just works for a short number of quite old games. All in all the
number working games to choose from is incredibly low, compared to other
platforms. And the number of games with good sound and graphic is even a
whole lot lower. I tend to say you can count them on one hand.

My personal conclusion: Playing with the linux operating system can be a
lot of fun, but having fun playing games just to play the game (not to
worry about where to get it from and how to get it working) is very
limited.

Thomas