Bulldog UPS and FC1

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Wed Feb 18 21:17:39 UTC 2004

Javier Perez wrote:

> [...]
Hi Javier,

I'm not at the same site as the machine with the Belkin UPS but I would
guess that it is just a standard serial cable.  The UPS on it is  a
F6C120-UNV (serial and usb) probably different from yours I think.

You could check out this document about the serial and usb connections
for Belkin
http://web.belkin.com/support/download/files/F6CXXX_ups.pdf
In there it says:

7.1 Interface Kits
Each interface kit includes a special interface cable which is required
to convert status signals from the UPS into signals that the individual
operating system can recognize. The interface cable must be connected
to the REMOTE PORT on the UPS. The other side of the
interface cable can be either connected to COM 1 or COM 2 of your
PC. For other installation instructions and features, please refer to
the READ.ME file.
Caution: Use only factory supplied or authorized UPS monitoring cable!

I seem to recall amonst the stuff for NUT there was instructions for
making cables for different UPS's but it has been a while since I've
looked at it.

Mike