New kernel 2.4.22-1.2713 crashes, has difficulty installing

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 14:23:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 14:16, Randal, Phil wrote:

> > Hmm I thought this was fixed, I haven't had that hang since 2166 build
> > came out. oh well
>
> Not yet!  (well, haven't tried .2174 yest). It's bug 109497.

That's the one.
I've managed to reproduce this on my dual xeon *once*.
Attempting to pin it down by adding extra debugging has just
driven it underground.. I've not personally been able to
reproduce it since 2135 or so. Annoying.

A few folks have mentioned that going to 2.4.24 mainline
fixed it for them.  I've toyed with the idea of spending
a day rebasing the FC1 kernel to see if it still happens.
If it does, we'll know whether its NPTL or some other FC add-on
breaking things.  The problem right now is finding the time
to do this.

	Dave