Made stupid mistake, now no new Fedora kernels work

Bobby Ryan Newberry brnewber at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Feb 19 04:04:39 UTC 2004

Last week I posted about having trouble getting the 2166 kernel to boot,
and having initrd errors and a kernel panic with the new kernel. I tried
everyone's suggestions but I never could get it to boot. 2149 is still
working by the way. Anyhow, I tried the 2174 kernel and it won't work
either, giving me the same problem. I forgot to mention that I tried to
install a 2.6 kernel serveral weeks ago, updating my module init tools
during the process to 0.9.15-pre4 . This is the only thing I installed
during the 2.6 attempt that I can't and haven't rolled back. I've tried
to reinstall modutils from rpm but I always have dependecy errors. Does
anyone know if this new version of module init tools is the problem, and
if so, is there anyway to roll back to the original version that came
with Fedora.

-Ryan Newberry