networking & /etc/host

Rotariu Bogdan bogdan at alterox.ro
Thu Feb 19 15:01:34 UTC 2004

Hello Philip,

When you installed fedora you where asked to give a hostname.
The hostname you gaved is "dhcppc4" that can not be resolved
change your host from /etc/sysconfig/network as :
HOSTNAME=my.domain.com
then edit /etc/hosts
and add something like :
192.168.0.1 my.domain.com my
(192.168.0.1 should be your ip and my.domain.com should be
subdomain.domain.tld and my should be just the subdomain)
then do a nice reboot and all will be OK :)

--
Rotariu Bogdan
Sys admin
mail : bogdan at alterox.ro
phone : +40 740 140 301
of the message such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to
anyone. In such a case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify
the sender by reply e-mail.