Nvidia drivers make Fedora unstable..

Dirk Wendland dirk.wendland at nexgo.de
Thu Feb 19 10:31:22 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 19.02.2004 schrieb Tom Diehl um 01:38:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Patrik Malmström wrote:
>
> > Didier Casse wrote:

> > >For Nvidia drivers, you should install rpms from www.livna.org
> > >
> > >I posted some time ago Nvidia troubles reply. Read here:
> > >
> > >http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-February/msg03251.html
> > >
> > I downloaded them and installed them..
> > But it gets unstable again :(..
> > Almost like Windows 95/98, very anoying because I though Linux was
> > veeery stable..
>
> Why don't you tell someone who can actually help, like Nvidia maybe. Only
> they have the src for both their drivers and the kernel you are trying
> to run.
>
> In reality I have heard that they are actually pretty responsive wrt fixing
> problems with their stuff.
>
> Tom

Hello on my pc the NVIDIA Driver works well

1 I had downloaded the driver from NVIDIA Side
2
CC="gcc32";
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run --add-this-kernel;
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2-custom.run;

this works very well on my pc

My Card : FX 5200

--
Dirk Wendland
homepage:www.develop.if2.de
mail:dirk.wendland at nexgo.de
working on:Develop a development tool for html|php|c++|java|OpenGL