program talk doesn't work on fc1-> Error on read from talk daemon

Didier Casse didierbe at sps.nus.edu.sg
Thu Feb 19 16:20:03 UTC 2004

On 19/02/04, at 18:00 +0200, Rotariu Bogdan <bogdan at alterox.ro> wrote:

> do
> mesg y
> then
> talk root or what is your logged user and paste
> to a mail what says

it says:

[No connection yet]

"Error on read from talk daemon: Connection refused... press any key"

and then

[Checking for invitation on caller's machine]

but no user actually receives the talk request as it should be!

PS: everybody has "mesg y"! And "write user" works fine w/o any problems!

With kind regards,

Didier.