HP LaserJet 1000

Mario St-Gelais legrimpeur at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 19 19:23:22 UTC 2004

I started not so long ago with Linux.  Initially, I installed SUSE Linux
and with some pain was able to install my HP printer.

Then I switched to Fedora and I haven't been able to make that damn
printer puke some printed stuff.  I followed all instructions as per
http://www.linuxprinting.org/ without success.  When I do "cat
sihp1000.img > /dev/usb/lp0" the printer burps out some noise indicating
I guess that the driver is being loaded buy yet it won't print.  Looking
at log files I get all kind of messages according to flavor of the day I
guess : "paper tray empty" or "printer faults".  But I damn know it is
not empty.

What am I gonna do switch back to SUSE??

Suggestions??

Mario St-Gelais
"Good judgment comes from
experience- usually experience