Fedora installation stops during Upgrade and Installing

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Feb 20 01:13:54 UTC 2004

Jay wrote:
> Thanks Daniel and Skirmitch Katafrakta for your input.  I have tried
> installing more than 3 times and it hangs up at different times.  Another
> questions is; if my HD is bad why can I install RH 9 with no problem but not
> Fedora?  Any more feed back?

Is it hanging while installing various packages?  If so, try the install
again, but do NOT use disk druid's default ext3 filesystems.  Try it
with ext2 filesystems and see if that does it.  Many systems have had
problems with ext3 and the installer kernel (going back to the RH7.3
days).  The problem seems to only occur with the installer kernel.

If that works, you can convert the ext2 filesystems to ext3 by following
the instructions at:

	http://www.rhil.net/docs/ext2-to-ext3.html

Just a thought.
-            "You think that's tough?  Try herding cats!"            -