Recommedations

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Feb 20 03:36:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 11:30, David Cantrell wrote:
> Also, if you want a full featured try-it before you buy-iy linux with
> most of the bells and whistles, head off to the P2P sharing services
> and grab Lindows 4.5 Cd. They released it free on the big P2P networks
> last week and it can give you a very workable CD booted distro to test
> and NVU was developed on this OS so a few items are a trifle better
> there, if you want a graphcal web design tool that is.
>
> Dave

Lindows is crap-olah.  Not only does it default to running as root (just
like MS Windows XP defaults to running with admin privs), Lindows will
nickel-and-dime you for every piece of software you want to install.
They charge you to user their click-n-run warehouse to get FREE
SOFTWARE.  I am not against paying for a software (I am a programmer),
and I am not against paying for services.  I just don't think Lindows
offers anything worth money and they are really nickel-and-dime'ing
newbies.

New users are better to get Fedora and use Livna, Freshrpms, DAG and
Fedora apt repositories.  Install synaptic and have a ball
point-n-clicking your way to more then 3,000+ applications.

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA