updating problems

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 09:25:06 UTC 2004

Hi Brittany,

> Openssl  Version installed Openssl-0.9.7.1a-26 Available openssl-0.9.7a-
> 30
> and
> Switchdesk version installed Switchdesk-3.9.8-18 available swtichdesk-
> 4.0.1-1.1

Switchdesk allows you to switch desktop - it's not that mega important.
The OpenSSL one is.

Load up gftp (redhat->applications->internet->More Internet Apps->gFTP)
and type in the host address box download.fedora.redhat.com - you don't
need anything in the username or password.

You should be able to login. To get to the updates, you need to get to
the directory which contains the folders test, update, development and
another directory (sorry, can't remember what it's called!). If you're
using FC1, you need the update directory. If you're using FC2T1, the
RPMs should be in the development directory.

HTH

TTFN

Paul
--
"Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong, but with
authority" - Dr Who.