Linux 'n games

dballester at kernpharma.com dballester at kernpharma.com
Fri Feb 20 15:56:01 UTC 2004

Hi:

      Well, last news says that some game companies are planning to make
live-CD of is games, cause they are prepared to i64 ( read AMD 64bits ) but
Windows for IA64 is not so stable to use it as gamming platform ( for now
). Then, companies are evaluating the possibility to create live-cds based
on Linux for 64 bits arch, more stable now, and use the Personal Computer
as VideoGame platform. Just boot from CD, play and shutdown.

More info http://www.asiaosc.org/article_106.html

( I read something in another site, but now i don't remember where. I'm
posting this link after googling for a while )

HTH

Regards

David Ballester Montolio
Responsable de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
Kern Pharma, S.L.
www.kernpharma.com

GNU!

|         |           "John Klingler"    |
|         |           <klingweiser at hotmai|
|         |           l.com>             |
|         |           Enviado por:       |
|         |           fedora-list-admin at r|
|         |           edhat.com          |
|         |           20/02/2004 16:38   |
|         |           Por favor, responda|
|         |           a fedora-list      |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |     Para:     <fedora-list at redhat.com>                                                                                      |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |     Asunto:   Re: Linux 'n games                                                                                            |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

> > Right now, the only real reason I have a windows box at home is for
games,
> > if not I'd be fine with linux only.  Until more companies actively
support
> > linux,  I'll have to have windows around.

And I think part of the reason they don't is because there are so many
different linux distributions/configurations that simply their increased
end-user tech support costs would really start to bite into their profits.
Also, I'd bet that a vast majority of the gaming public still thinks a
3-1/2
floppy is a hard disk and that they need the very latest pentium machine to
"make the internet go faster."

John Klingler