Package Selection During Installation.

John sephtin at techgodz.com
Fri Feb 20 16:08:09 UTC 2004

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> At 09:14 2/20/2004, you wrote:
>
>> It is not available on Fedora Core 1. It was long discussed before Core
>> 1 came out as a stable release.
>

> I haven't installed an FC1 system in the last few days, but I disagree.
> If my memory serves, you select individual packages on the SAME screen
> where you select package groups rather than as a separate screen... but
> I do recall being able to do so.
I just installed FC2-Test1 last night (I'll rant in a later message)...
*sigh*.
It's same as FC1 regarding this question.

There is a screen near the end of the install that states something like
"The following packages will be installed on your computer" with a list
that starts with "Gnome"...    and there's a button near the bottom left
of that screen something like "Change package selection".
(Ok.. the first thing to go is DEFINITELY the mind.. *shrug*).  But it's
there..
During the 3 or 4 installs I've done of FC1, all have completed the
installation process with KDE installed, and it's not there by default.

Sorry it's not a more precise answer...

Thanks,
John