Official Fedora Core 1 (Yarrow)

Paul Thomas paul at tmsl.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 18:16:50 UTC 2004

On 20/02/2004 16:37 Brittany wrote:
> What are the difference ( besides the test part) is both official Fedora
> Core1 Yarrow and Official Fedora Core 2 TEST1? I know their test but do
> they both have the same software installed? I really like what i am
> seeing on Fedora Core2 but i think i need to go to step one first before
> going off and testing software of which i have not yet have any
> experience of working with.

FC2-test1 is the first test release of the next version of FC. Its purpose
is for people to try it, find, then report problems which the developers
will then fix for the next test release. There will be 3 test releases in
total before the proper release of FC2, which is due out sometime in
April. Most of the software is updated versions of the software shipped
with FC1.

> I also would like to know how to unistall FC2 safely so i can install
> Yarrow (what does that mean?) onto my machine so i wouldn't have to deal
> with the updates,blah.

When you boot off your FC1 (yarrow) CD#1, it will detect that there is
already a Linux system on the drive and will give you option to install
afresh or update. My advice would be to do a fresh install and tell the
installer to re-format the partitions as well (you'll be offered this
option during the install process).

HTH

--
Paul Thomas