Audio CD woes on a Dell Inspiron 1100

Chris Desjardins cddesjar at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 23:54:35 UTC 2004

Hi, I can't seem to get my computer to play or should I say mount my audio
cds. I have created a cdrom icon on my KDE desktop and when I click on it so
that it automatically mounts it says..."Could not mount device. The reported
error was: mount: only root can mount /dev/cdrom on /mnt/cdrom". So I went
to the terminal and switched to root and tried both mount /mnt/cdrom and
mount /dev/cdrom and it said, respectively "mount: /dev/cdrom is not a block
device". Anyone have any ideas? I was able to get my audio CDs to work when
I initally installed Fedora then I started messing around with trying to get
my cd burner to work and now I can't play audio cds.
Chris
PS-I am getting the same error when I try to view a DVD.