FC 2test1 install

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sun Feb 22 14:36:19 UTC 2004

Scott Talbot wrote:

>	 Also, you should be aware that you will have to manually reconfigure
>GRUB or LILO to see the FC 1 as for some reason, Anaconda won't look for
>it ( Hey Red Hat are you guys listening?).  It should be possible to use
>the same /boot partition for both distros, but I'm too much a noob to
>know for sure.
>
>Scott

Here's what I did to use just one /boot partition :
Installed FC1 , then changed the / label to fc1/  using e2label ,
changed grub.conf and fstab. Then , when installing
FC2 T1 , I've selected my existing boot partition as /boot (but didnt
format it!) , my /home as my new /home (not formatting it also). And left my
fc1/ alone (I've mounted it just to have access to config files..)...
BUT , before you do that , copy your /boot/grub/grub.conf file , because
you'll need
the FC1 entries there (the way I did , anaconda erased all the old
entries for FC1 , but I had a backup and it was just cut n paste after
the install finished)...

--
Pedro Macedo