FC2T1: HAL wasn't included into distribution. Why?

Dmitry Yusupov dmitry_yus at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 15:41:56 UTC 2004

Hi,

I was disappointed to see that HAL (http://freedesktop.org/Software/hal)
wasn't included into FC2 distribution. At least I didn't find it there...
Instead I saw old fashioned hwbrowser... crap... What is the point to
include old stuffs into 2.6.x kernel based distribution? I really will
miss HAL in FC2. I love to see my hardware to be dynamically browsed with
hal-device-manager or by using lshal. And I would love to see Fedora to
incorporate udev/D-BUS/HAL ideas, Btw, FC2 included D-BUS is old version
too.

Just wanted to say this...
Thanks,
Dima