[Asus p5a] impossible to install fedora-core

Hervaen hervaen at free.fr
Sun Feb 22 17:33:53 UTC 2004

Hi,

It's not the first time that I install Fedora but the the first time that I
use a motherboard ASUS P5A

The hardware is;

Motherboard; Asus P5A ATX socket 7
CPU; K6 2 amd 500 mhz
DD ide udma 13 Go
graphic card; Woodoo 3000 AGP
sound card; sound blaster 16pci

After probing graphic card, monitor and mouse  the screen is all black and
stop, impossible to have the install screen

sometimes, (1 time on 20) I can install fedora but after the reboot I have a
kernel panic

It seems that the problem comes from udma and I have to change something in
Bios but after surfing on the web since several days I don't find anything

Could you help me

Thaks a lot

Hervaen