Bulldog UPS and FC1

Javier Perez pepebuho at pananet.com
Mon Feb 23 12:09:44 UTC 2004

> Hi Javier,
>
> I'm not at the same site as the machine with the Belkin UPS but I would
> guess that it is just a standard serial cable.  The UPS on it is  a
> F6C120-UNV (serial and usb) probably different from yours I think.
>
> You could check out this document about the serial and usb connections
> for Belkin
> http://web.belkin.com/support/download/files/F6CXXX_ups.pdf
> In there it says:
>
> 7.1 Interface Kits
> Each interface kit includes a special interface cable which is required
> to convert status signals from the UPS into signals that the individual
> operating system can recognize. The interface cable must be connected
> to the REMOTE PORT on the UPS. The other side of the
> interface cable can be either connected to COM 1 or COM 2 of your
> PC. For other installation instructions and features, please refer to
> the READ.ME file.
> Caution: Use only factory supplied or authorized UPS monitoring cable!
>

> I seem to recall amonst the stuff for NUT there was instructions for
> making cables for different UPS's but it has been a while since I've
> looked at it.
>
> Mike

Hi Mike.

I checked it out but no dice.

I tried several configurations, based on the given pinout for the port
but it did not work out. I tried straight (TD to TD, RD to RD), and cross
(TD to RD, RD to TD) but none of them did work out.

I think the pinout for the remote port changed from the F6C320-SER to the
F6C325-SER. The document above was for the FC6325-SER.

Also, I cannot find info on the F6C320 on the Belkin website.

Does any one have a Belkin F6C320-SER UPS that could please post
the pinout of the serial cable?

I would appreciate that!

Thanks