kernel 2.6 questions????

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon Feb 23 12:13:38 UTC 2004

jay wrote:

> Well I followed the read me to the tee and it still does not go past the
> setting up local disks section.... Anyone with any ideas on this

I'm running linux-2.6.3 under Fedora-1,
but this is a "vanilla" kernel from http://www.kernel.org/

I don't think I did any of the things it says in the howto.

However, there are two changes I did need:
(1) I think you need module-init-tools for 2.6 kernels
(2) module info for 2.6 kernels is kept in modprobe.conf
rather than modules.conf .
There is a tool generate-modprobe.conf which I think comes
in the module-init-tools rpm .
This constructs modprobe.conf from modules.conf , I believe.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366