RH now exiting 1 more data center

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Tue Feb 24 01:10:44 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 18:35, Res wrote:

> > And that's not even the kicker -- the kicker is that the alternative he's
> > using is *Slackware*.  An even less appropriate product for the role in which
> > he's using it.
>
> how do you conclude that ? we have never had a problem with slackware
> servers, they have been as stable as the old RH ones.

	Slack is very stable but extremely difficult to manage and upgrade.
Until very recently the only real upgrade path from one version to the
next was format and reinstall from scratch.  Even now it's still a LOT
of work to keep things updated and in sync.

	Slackware isn't a bad distro by any means.  It's just not what one
would pick for anything more than a little, single service system.

--
Kuramarujo - http://www.webtrek.com/~klemmerj/sumo.html