test

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Tue Feb 24 02:02:27 UTC 2004

Mark wrote:
> I've also been having strange problems with the list.  Lately I've been
> seeing replies to questions before I even get the original email, and
> also some posting dont show up for a while.
>
> T. Ribbrock wrote:
>
>> Apologies for the test mail, but I see mail in the archive that I never
>> got... Something wrong with the list?

It looks like the redhat.com servers got backed up earlier today. There
was a number of hours where no new messages came through, but then they
started up again this afternoon.

The non-original ordering is consistant with an smtp server somewhere
working it's way through a backlog of cached messages.

SMTP doesn't really try to guarantee timely or in-order delivery... just
that your message will either be delivered or returned.