Fedora's SSH

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 03:12:20 UTC 2004

Do I need to do anything special to allow hosts outside of my home
network to SSH in?  I am running SSH on port 21 and have opened port 21
on my Linksys router/firewall.  However, I cannot connect from my work
to home.  I am using port 21 because the silly MS Admins where I work
have port 22 blocked, yet they allow telnet.

I can ssh on my home computer using my public IP and it connects just
fine.  Do I need to add entries to /etc/hosts.allow?

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA