(no subject)

Jared Storts jstorts at mediafunction.com
Tue Feb 24 03:14:29 UTC 2004

Hi everyone

I'm running FC1 on a Dell Latitude C640 with a docking station. The
distro has done a good job of recognizing most of the hardware but the
pctel winmodem has been giving me a lot of trouble. After trying a few
different drivers, I gave up and tried a workaround. I put a modem that
linux has been running just fine on my desktop system into one of the pci
expansion slots in the docking station. Now I know that the system
recognizes the modem and in the KDE info center it tells me it is on irq
11 and using fcf8-fcff. However, I can't figure out how to get the
connection up. I tried querying the modem using every one of the device
ports in kppp and none of them work: they either say that the modem is
busy or that the modem doesn't respond. I have done a lot of searching to
try to find a solution to this problem, but so far nothing. If anyone has
any helpful advice, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Jared