RH now exiting 1 more data center

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Tue Feb 24 04:24:55 UTC 2004

Wade Hampton wrote:

> Are these SMP machines or P4 with hyperthread enabled and
> running the SMP kernel?  If so, there is a known bug (and it bit me,
> so I'm not using fedora except at home).

Well, I have two P4s with hyperthreading enabled running fedora core 1
at work... no problems so far...
Maybe I'm lucky (as I havent had any problems with fedora so far , only
with suse...)...
Maybe the time will come when I'll have all the bugs exploding in my
face .... I'll have to wait and see..

But back on topic , if the guy wants to leave fedora , ok ... go for
it... I work as a network admin on the
computer science university where I study. I've installed Fedora against
my boss orders and I dont regret it...
I havent had any problems so far (one machine is a nfs server , the
other is a machine open to students to run
cpu intensive programs and other is our mailqueue)... So far , my only
problems were with suse (the distro my boss likes..)

To the original poster:
It's up to you to decide what you want: slackware , debian , windows ,
suse , RHEL , fedora... the are many choices....
If you want help , just say what's going on and we'll try to help.. if
you want to keep bitching , please , leave this mailing list, as this
place is where we
try to help people who use fedora and are looking for help , and no
place to bitching....

--
Pedro Macedo
(once again , tired of folks who just like bitching , but dont have the