Help Needed - Re-sizing RH9 Partitions

TGF togetfiles at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 08:51:46 UTC 2004

I have a very stable true multiple boot system; P4 3.0MHz HT, with Asus
P4S800 mainboard and an 80Gig hard drive and an nVidia FX5200 AGP Card.

An operating System I am running is, Linux Red Hat v.9(2.4.20-8), which I am
relatively new to and have run out of disk space on my "root" partition.
Other Red Hat v.9 partitions have plenty of space to give... this human
error had occurred when first configuring the Installation.

I would like to avoid a Re-Install or loss of data and re-allocate free
space from oversized Red Hat v.9 partitions then transfer that free space to
my "root" partition to increase the size.

I'm sure this is possible!?!??? Only then can I freely work with the OS in a
very good and stable condition.

P.S. I did abandon for afew months because my brain power was depleted to
inadequacy and taken in by Windows again. Hence, I am no Guru.

Thanks for any help given